No one's religious beliefs should be used to deny fundamental rights to others," said Lorri L. Jean, chief executive officer of the L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center. "Our civil rights are inalienable."
This peaceful protest will take place this Sunday (November 9th) at 10AM PST. Please spread the word!! Prop 8 is unfair and unconstitutional.
Rick Warren of Saddleback Church came out publicly in an email to his congregation telling them to Vote Yes on 8.
In exit polling Christians voted 66% for Yes on 8.
Saddleback is also a VERY well known church and one of the largest in the country. It's a great place to have our voices heard and be seen.
Please bring your friends - gay or straight. Christian or not. All who support marriage equality are encouraged to come show their support in front of one of the largest churches in America. Bring your signs if you have them!
Driving Directions to the Protest
Map of Protest Location:
View Larger Map
- Rick Warren on Prop 8
- The Homosexual Left is full of .... hate???
- Subway retracts gift to Yes on 8 Campaign
- Focus on the Family Layoffs
- Day Without a Gay (or gay supporters)
- The Gay Equality Movement is here in Full Force!
- No Gays for A Day Day?
- Interracial Marriage will Contaminate Traditional ...
- A Suggestion for the gay community
- Restricting Marrige Deemed Illegal in CT
- Saddleback Protest Made Bill O'Reilly Too!
- Keith Olbermann on Gay Marriage
- Saddleback Protest on MSNBC
- Join us on November 15th around the country!!!
- 300+ and Some Photos!
- Our Protest in the News - Updated
- Sign Ideas and Important Notes!
- Saddleback Church Prop 8 Protest!
- ▼ November (21)