Kudos to Subway!
Protests and such DO make a difference.
The Sundance film festival could be impacted this year because the CEO of the Cinemark (who owns the theater where films are screened) gave $9,999 to yes on Prop 8.
A Sacramento Theater Director resigned after giving $1,000 to Prop 8, and after receiving criticism from prominent artists.
Film Independent LA did not accept the resignation of Prop 8 donor (and LA Film Festival Director) Richard Raddon. I'm pretty disappointed in Film Independent for this decision. While I respect their opinion about people's personal beliefs, I think it is misapplied when it comes to the bigotry involved in denying a minority group civil rights. What if he gave money to a campaign that was trying to ban interracil marriage because of religious beliefs? Would Film Independent have acted diferently then?? I guess it's okay to be a bigot when it comes to gay rights but being a racist would not be okay. We get it Film Independent. Thanks for the lesson.
Film Independent is very involved in the LA film scene and I don't think they will be able to hold this stance for very long, because I'm sure the backlash is coming to them.
- Rick Warren on Prop 8
- The Homosexual Left is full of .... hate???
- Subway retracts gift to Yes on 8 Campaign
- Focus on the Family Layoffs
- Day Without a Gay (or gay supporters)
- The Gay Equality Movement is here in Full Force!
- No Gays for A Day Day?
- Interracial Marriage will Contaminate Traditional ...
- A Suggestion for the gay community
- Restricting Marrige Deemed Illegal in CT
- Saddleback Protest Made Bill O'Reilly Too!
- Keith Olbermann on Gay Marriage
- Saddleback Protest on MSNBC
- Join us on November 15th around the country!!!
- 300+ and Some Photos!
- Our Protest in the News - Updated
- Sign Ideas and Important Notes!
- Saddleback Church Prop 8 Protest!
- ▼ November (21)