LA Film Director steps down because of flack over his donation to Prop 8.
A lot of people are saying it is intolerant to ask someone to step down over religious beliefs. I have a couple responses to that.
First - what if you were head of an organization with a very large gay and lesbian contingent and you were NOT religious and still made that donation just based on personal beliefs?
Second - I don't think it's intolerant to be critical of someone who gives money to TAKE AWAY a minority group's rights.
Plain and simple - the people who voted Yes on 8 voted to take away rights. Rights that I (and MANY believe) are inherent civil rights. Taking away civil rights is very different from just saying "I don't condone gay marriage because of religious beliefs".
I don't feel bad at all that he had to step down from his job.
In other news - the Prop 8 Protests appear to be working. I think we need another one in Orange County Soon?? According to a recent survey, 8% of people who voted Yes on Prop 8 have changed their minds. When the spread was 52-48, that is significant. The protests are the main cause as to why people have changed their minds.
Sadly it's a little late for this time around - but not for 2010 (if things don't change before then). I think people are starting to see the real issue is about rights and gay marriage isn't going to harm anyone so why make it illegal? I'm glad to see 8% more of the voters are coming to their senses.
Keep up the fight!!
- Rick Warren on Prop 8
- The Homosexual Left is full of .... hate???
- Subway retracts gift to Yes on 8 Campaign
- Focus on the Family Layoffs
- Day Without a Gay (or gay supporters)
- The Gay Equality Movement is here in Full Force!
- No Gays for A Day Day?
- Interracial Marriage will Contaminate Traditional ...
- A Suggestion for the gay community
- Restricting Marrige Deemed Illegal in CT
- Saddleback Protest Made Bill O'Reilly Too!
- Keith Olbermann on Gay Marriage
- Saddleback Protest on MSNBC
- Join us on November 15th around the country!!!
- 300+ and Some Photos!
- Our Protest in the News - Updated
- Sign Ideas and Important Notes!
- Saddleback Church Prop 8 Protest!
- ▼ November (21)